Monday, December 12

Gingerbread House Ornament, Part 1

Hello all! I know I said I would start a tutorial on my holiday-themed crafts on Friday but instead I was out having supper with a lovely couple who are like my extended family and some dear friends. We were having our own little Christmas celebration, fun Christmas poppers and all! It was absolutely delightful :)

Now, to business. I started out by sketching a simple gingerbread house design on a sheet of paper, working on the size and the decorations I would like to sew on it. I would show you the process but unfortunately, idiot me, I cut it up the sketch sheet to help me create the template you see below. I used graph paper to try and keep the pattern mostly symmetrical and cut it out. Then using my pattern, I set out to cutting all my pieces.


My base was cut out of the cinnamon color felt in the simple house shape that you see above. Next, I cut out the snow for my roof and chimney out of white felt and then, using the leftover scraps, cut out the windows and door. Finally, I'll decorate and assemble - you can see how I intend to assemble it above. For my decorating, I'm using floss that I bought in a multi-pack from Michael's and some beads and buttons that I've collected over the years.


Next snapshot, I'll show you how I've started to decorate my little gingerbread house!

No comments:

Post a Comment